Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Universe Agrees with Me!

An interesting thing happened yesterday after I declared my intention to choose only Easy and Fun. I was inspired to pick up a book I’ve owned for a long time, but never really “done”. It’s called "The Energy of Money". And it’s about healing your relationship with money.

The author defines success as: doing what you said you would do, with ease.

Is that not awesome? I was immediately validated in my choice by this book. The perspective is not unique, of course, but I took it as a “God nudge:” a little hint from the universe saying “Heck yeah!!!”

My task today is to get back to basics with my business ideas. I am creating an exciting project for actors. The idea is to empower actors to be the masters of their own craft by giving them the opportunity to work-out their thespian muscles in a way most acting classes don’t. My partner, Kent Molyneaux, and I developed this idea primarily for the sheer joy of it. We LOVE acting and want to share that with other actors.

Lately, though, I’ve allowed myself to get distracted by what Mike Dooley calls “the cursed ‘how’s.”

How are we going to get people to come?
How are we going to pay for the space?
How are we going to make a workout that satisfies EVERYONE (and yes, in my brain its EVERYONE”
How am I going to find time?
How how how how h ow how…..


OY!!!!!!!!! Struggle--not fun.

So now, I’m refocussing.

In my ideal vision ,what does this play-shop look like?
Who is there?
What kind of super-cool, exciting, and innovative techniques are we exploring?
How much fun are we having digging deep into our talent and setting it free?

I have a booklet I’m working on called “The Field of Dreams as a Manifestation Manual.” Remember in the film the voice kept saying, “If you build it, they will come.” That’s my answer too. Build this experience-- this wonderful, rich, gratifying experience, and by golly, the people will come.

Most actors do it because there is no greater rush. How could I ever doubt that there will be people--and probably lots of them-- who would love to enjoy what we have to offer? Yes, the website needs to be designed. Yes, there needs to be branding and advertising and stuff and stuff. Yes, I will have to “sell” the idea to people at some point. For now, though, It’s time to build! Yee ha! I am inspired and excited again.

By the way, I haven’t forgotten that I promised to share more of my projects with you. I have some eating plan ideas I’m working with as well as some exercise plans. More on those soon. And on the screenwriting. And on the coaching. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take it easy, keep it fun.